After a traffic accident, it is very important to monitor your symptoms and look for warning signs, which may indicate serious complications for your health. Along with pain in the neck and back, common symptoms of whiplash include
- Trouble concentrating
- Impaired memory
- Visual disturbances
- Tingling in the extremities
Irrespective of symptoms, it is very important to see a chiropractor after a traffic accident to be evaluated. If you experience any of the following symptoms, contact Back To Wellness (952)693-3736 right away.
- Weakness or numbness in the extremities
- Changes in personality
- Difficulty with breathing or swallowing
- Severe pain
- Loss of coordination when walking
- Sudden unconsciousness
- Nausea or vomiting
- Severe headaches or migraines
- Pupils too small or overly dilated
Even minor traffic accidents can cause long-term, painful conditions if not treated properly. At Back To Wellness, a phased approach when treating injuries from traffic accidents is used. Your short term and long term health are both taken into consideration. Your personalized recovery program will be designed to do the following.
- Restore and preserve the range of motion of your joints
- Reduce Pain
- Prevent the formation of scar tissue
- Reduce the likelihood of long-term complications, for example headaches or migraines.
After you are accepted to care, the initial goal is to treat your pain by decreasing inflammation, as well as the intensity of muscle spasms, to be followed by manual adjustments. During the whole treatment process, you will be carefully listened to regarding how your symptoms are changing, in order to alter treatments to best suit you.
You are collaborated with along the entire journey back to optimal wellness by providing at-home techniques. Also general tips for strength restoration, regaining mobility, and maintaining your comfort and pain-free life.